Friday, April 6, 2012

The Riverbed

By Colleen Herrera

My time in Valencia was the greatest experience I have ever had. I have never been to a country as lively and energetic as Spain. It seemed like my 4 months flew by because we were always out exploring our beautiful city and all that it had to offer. However my favorite place to go in the entire city was the Riverbed. It was located conveniently right outside of our study center doors and offered a nice and relaxing getaway for me and many of the other students on the trip as well.

Teachers would often be found holding class down in the riverbed on days where sitting in a classroom was unthinkable. After classes were over it was always the place to go for a walk or run and it offered you some of the best views of the city as it runs the almost the length of Valencia. One day I could casually walk to the left and end up at a beautiful lake complete with swan boats you could rent. The next day I could run the other way and end up at the breathtaking City of Arts and Science. And in between there were parks, gardens, sports fields and some of the best picnic spots in the city. During Fallas we all found it also had some of the best spots to view the nightly firework show that could put the 4th of July to shame!
I miss the activities and serenity of this part of Spain every day; it was like our very own Central Park right outside our front door.  
The Riverbed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valencia’s Inner Fire

Fallas:   A   week   filled   with   churros,   fire   and   pure   excitement.  S omething I am going to try my hardest to ex...